IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pepe Reina

+3
Barnes 10
moejoe54
misslfc
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pepe Reina - Page 2 Empty Re: Pepe Reina

Post by misslfc Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/LiverpoolFC#p/a/u/0/drkyd57AXdw

Reina reveals his top 5 keepers

Looking mighty fine there Pepe
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:40 pm

on soccer am in a few
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Pepe Reina - Page 2 392207_2846486610365_1505418570_2954438_666683816_n
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:40 pm

Maggie you must be jealous
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 pm

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:58 pm

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:20 pm

What's in video?
Won't load up
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Haha, seen it now.

That is a fcuking class video/add
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue May 22, 2012 9:54 pm

“If I am man of the match, it won’t change anything – the mistakes I’ve made this season wouldn’t be forgotten by me.

“I don’t think my season has been good at all. It has been below my standards and I know I haven’t been great. There have been a number of mistakes by me.

“I had six really good years before this and people got used to that level from me, but sometimes you have a dip in form and must accept it.”
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Enough is enough Pepe, sort it out
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:16 pm

His confidence must be shot to pieces
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:20 pm

It seems one step forward, two back.
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:50 am

Rumours he got injured in a HT kickabout last night ffs
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:43 am

Read that alright, waiting on someone to confirm
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:02 pm

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:17 am

Wonder is that why Luis celebrated like that last night???
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:12 pm

It is a strange feeling for me to think that next season I will not be a Liverpool player. For the past eight years, that is all I have known. The club, the staff, the city, the people and the supporters have played a massive part in my life. Liverpool is special in a way that only those who are lucky enough to experience the club close up can understand. It has given me memories that will live with me forever and friendships that will last just as long.
But more than anything else, it has given me an understanding of what it is like to play for the most wonderful English club. I may not have won as many trophies and medals as I would have liked since joining in 2005 but the experiences I have been a part of are as important as any silverware. I now understand how supporters can lift a team and inspire them to do special things. I appreciate that there is something unique about Anfield and the atmosphere it creates. I believe that anything is possible no matter what the situation is because at Liverpool there is no such thing as a lost cause. And I have been humbled by the fight for justice for the 96 which showed me that the Liverpool people will always fight for what they believe in.
I know that I have been blessed to be part of a Club like that and I hope that in return I have always given my best and represented Liverpool in the right way. There have been good times and bad times but no matter what the situation has been I hope that my passion has been clear. I have been asked what my favourite Liverpool moment was and if I had to pick one it wouldn’t be a save or winning a trophy. It would be my celebration against Manchester United when David Ngog scored a late goal. That is probably the quickest I have ever run in my life! It shows what playing for Liverpool meant to me and also that there was nothing better than winning a big game at Anfield. I used to look at the Kop when we scored those kind of goals in big games and I would be jealous of the supporters going crazy. If the closest I will get to that is running the length of the pitch and jumping on my team mates backs then that will do for me.
Obviously, I won’t be able to do that next season but I hope that the supporters and my team mates will be able to enjoy many more moments like that. They deserve the best of times and it would give me so much pleasure to see Liverpool back where they belong, challenging for trophies and getting back into the top four. That was where the club was when I first arrived and although I am leaving a different club, one with new owners, a new manager, new players and new challenges, I honestly believe that Liverpool can reach those levels again.
I am disappointed that I will not be part of that and although it was not my decision to leave I will accept it just like I have always accepted any decision that Liverpool have taken for me. They signed me, picked me, gave me some of the best experiences of my life and looked after me. If they feel that the best thing for me and for them is for me to go on loan to Napoli for a season then so be it. Napoli is a new challenge for me and I know that the fans are just as passionate about their team as the Liverpool fans, so I am really looking forward to playing for them this season and I will give my all.
But if I have one regret, it is the way that I am leaving. It is only natural that I would be disappointed that the Liverpool management agreed to loan me to Napoli without telling me first, I thought that I deserved better than that even though I understand that difficult decisions have to be taken in football. A lot has been made about me informing the club that if an offer came in from Barcelona that I would have liked them to consider it. But I had also spoken to the club about the possibility of extending my contract if the offer was not made. I told the manager that I wanted to play for Liverpool and that Barcelona would only become an option for me if the opportunity arrived, like the rumours said it would, as it would be a chance for me to go back home. When it didn’t come I was happy to fight for my place so I was surprised that Liverpool decided it was in the club´s interests to send me to Napoli instead.
None of this will change my feelings for the club or the people in any way and now I have to look forward to a new challenge with Rafa Benitez, who I consider to be the best manager I have worked with, and I am fortunate to be going from one great club to another. Napoli remind me in many ways of the Liverpool I found in 2005, in all the affection they have shown me on my arrival, in having an ambitious project, even in coinciding and working with Benitez again…This memory which in part unites me with you, makes me happy and feel very motivated to begin this new project.
This is my chance to say thank you to everyone for everything that you have given to me and to my family. My children consider Liverpool to be their home and hopefully their love for the city and also for the club will only grow while we are away. I would have liked to have been able to say goodbye in a different way but because of the way the move came about this was not possible.
Maybe in the near future I can do it properly so that I can show my appreciation to you but all I would ask now is that you keep on inspiring the manager and the players just like you always have done and help Liverpool to become the club that you deserve once again. I would like nothing better than to come back at the end of my year away and for Liverpool to be back where they belong.
Thank you for everything. Good luck. I will see you soon.
Pepe Reina.
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:07 pm

I am disappointed Reina is gone but it seemed to me he wanted to have his cake and eat it. " If Barca come in for me I want to know"........."If they dont ill talk about extending contract"

What was Rodgers supposed to do? The only thing that annoys me is he is sent on loan.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:28 pm

On loan Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has once again confirmed that he will definitely return to Anfield at the end of the season.

Reina told Italian newspaper La Gazetta Dello Sport: "My future? As far as I know, I will return to Liverpool after my loan spell is over. Then, we will see what happens"

Atletico Madrid and Barcelona continue to be linked with a move for Pepe Reina.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Hmmmmmmm
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Its normal for loan players to say that if they liked the club they were at.
Sorry MAj, but unless Mingolet cuts out the errors, Pepe wont play another competitive game for us
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:26 am

Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, says the door is closed on any return for goalkeeper Pepe Reina when his loan with Napoli ends.

Reina joined former Anfield manager Rafael Benítez for the season in Italy, but remains under contract on Merseyside for another two years.

Although his replacement, Simon Mignolet, made an impressive start to his career under Rodgers, Liverpool are believed to be assessing goalkeeper targets this summer, primarily as a backup to increase competition.

Earlier this week, Reina suggested he would return to Liverpool at the end of the season before determining his next move. “I need to go back to Liverpool at the end of my loan and I will make my decision there,” said Reina.

However, it seems any visit to Merseyside during the close season will be brief as Rodgers says Reina has no wish to challenge for number one status he enjoyed for eight years.

Rodgers believes the keeper made his intentions clear when he made his exit by publishing an open letter via his website after leaving the club.

Some of the remarks in that correspondence did not go down too well with his parent club.

“He’s already written his letter,” said Rodgers.

“He wrote a goodbye letter didn’t he? I was surprised a loan player wrote a letter. I would suspect that he should come back but obviously Pepe made it very clear when he went to Napoli that he was looking to move.

"He penned a great big letter saying he was going to work with the best manager that he’d worked with and thanked us for his time for Liverpool. So for me it probably sounded like he’d made his decision there.”

While Reina’s Anfield career, unofficially at least, looks over, Rodgers has offered support to defender Daniel Agger by taking the unusual step of naming him in his starting XI this weekend 48 hours early.

Rodgers rarely, if ever, confirms selections but wanted to show his support for the Dane after substituting him during last week’s 4-3 victory over Swansea. It was Agger’s second game following injury.

“Daniel will start on Saturday,” he said. “He is an excellent player. There was a wee bit of spotlight on him last weekend but it is a collective effort.

"I will judge every player, whether he is the team captain, the centreforward or a squad player, I will make the decision if I think it will help us get a result. I have showed that in my time here and it was no different last weekend.”

Rodgers will soon have defender Mamadou Sakho back in contention following his return to training.

Midfielder Lucas is also training but will not be available for the trip to Southampton on Saturday.
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum