IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stoke vs Liverpool - 10th September - KO 3pm

+5
crouchy
Barnes 10
Bosco
Dallas
Serpheus
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Stoke vs Liverpool - 10th September - KO 3pm - Page 3 Empty Re: Stoke vs Liverpool - 10th September - KO 3pm

Post by misslfc Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:16 pm

hoooooooooooof
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Stoke vs Liverpool - 10th September - KO 3pm - Page 3 Empty Re: Stoke vs Liverpool - 10th September - KO 3pm

Post by misslfc Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:19 pm

jesus christ!!!
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Serpheus Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:20 pm

henderson is solid useless
Serpheus
Serpheus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by south Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Jesus. that sums up the day we're having. very poor finish from Jordan
south
south
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by south Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Lets hope the two subs can change things
south
south
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:25 pm

bellamy and carroll on
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by south Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 pm

jesus Adams passing has been shit today.
south
south
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Begovic has been immense for them
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Bellamy made a difference tbf
Begovic was immense
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by south Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:49 pm

fuck you ref
south
south
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Ahhh Suarez
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:55 pm

man, what a chance for suarez

Who did he push in the tunnel?
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Serpheus Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:57 pm

We lost because Jamie Carragher is past it. That's 2 big mistakes in 2 consecutive games and plenty more to come id say.
Serpheus
Serpheus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Agree sadly, he was going at the end of last season and I got alot of abuse for saying it. He shouldn't be starting but still rather him than Skrtel. Coates has been signed though
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Skrtel was awful.
Agreeing about carra unfortunately
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Serpheus Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Skrtel is useless and I'm amazed he doesn't give away 2/3 penos a game.
Serpheus
Serpheus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:37 pm

misslfc wrote:man, what a chance for suarez

Who did he push in the tunnel?

Our own player ?
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Dont think it was
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by south Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Kenny Dalglish couldn't hide his frustration after seeing Liverpool suffer their first defeat of the season with a 1-0 loss at Stoke City.

A first-half penalty from Jon Walters was enough to give Tony Pulis's side the three points at the Britannia after the forward was adjudged to have been brought down inside the box by Jamie Carragher.

However, the Reds were left aggrieved after seeing a late spot-kick appeal of their own turned down when Luis Suarez's cross struck the hand of Matthew Upson - and Dalglish believes his charges deserved to take something from the game having dominated the contest.

"We are very disappointed with the result but we are delighted with the effort and the commitment of the players," the boss told his post-match press conference.

"On another day we could have scored three or four - I don't think there was anything wrong with our performance. Although the passing wasn't as good as what it has been, it was still good enough to have scored three or four goals in the game.

"There was not much more we could have done other than have that little bit of luck in front of goal."

Dalglish admitted his dismay at some of the decisions which went against his side at Stoke and feels Liverpool have had reason to feel hard done by in all four of the Barclays Premier League matches so far this term.

He added: "I think it's a wee bit of an understatement to say we deserved something out of the game. We can only do what we do ourselves and sometimes other things are taken out of your jurisdiction.

"If we continue to play like that with the same attitude and the commitment then we will be okay this season, but if we continually get battered with things that are outside our control then we are not going to have much chance.

"Our first four league games have all had a contentious decision in them and every one of them has gone against us.

"We would like to be respectful towards referees. I think I have been respectful to referees, but more importantly than being respectful to referees in their campaign it's about having respect for my football club, Liverpool Football Club.

"If I feel they (Liverpool FC) are suffering in any shape of form then maybe I need to go down the same route as some other people go and see if we can get some benefit from that. I'll speak to the owners first and see what they say because the last thing I want is for my behaviour to infringe on the club's success in any way, shape or form.

"We don't have any complaint, for want of a better word, about Stoke City. They played very, very hard, they played well. They got their goal, they defended well and courageously at times, and maybe occasionally they got a bit of luck.

"We don't have anything but appreciation for the way that they played, the way they held on and went on to win the game. So I've only got complimentary things to say about Tony (Pulis) and Stoke.

"But I just can't see how it was a penalty kick."

Despite seeing penalty appeals waved away, Liverpool could have salvaged a point deep into injury time when Luis Suarez steered a chance just wide of the goal.

"You think it's an easy chance but it's not when you see it on television," reflected Dalglish.

"The goalkeeper has got a good angle on it and it was a difficult chance to take. On another day one of our chances would have gone in."
south
south
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by south Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 pm

I thought it was Bellamy and one of the Stoke backroom staff that were pushing each other but i might be wrong
south
south
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Missed the whole game, gutted at the result. I await MOTD
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Attempts on target
Stoke
Liverpool
Attempts off target
Stoke
Liverpool
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish says he will consult the club's owners over how to deal with what he perceives to be poor refereeing so far this season.

The Reds boss was unhappy with a number of decisions during his side's 1-0 defeat at Stoke on Saturday.

And afterwards he said: "The first four games have had contentious decisions in them and every one has gone against us.

"We would like to be respectful to referees but more important is having respect for my football club."

He added: "If I feel the club is suffering in any shape or form I will need to go the same route other people go and see if we can gain some benefit from that.

"The first four league games have had contentious decisions in them and every one has gone against us.
Continue reading the main story

If we continually get battered by things outside of our control we are not going to get much chance.
Kenny Dalglish
Liverpool manager

"I'll speak to the owners first and see what they say because the last thing I want to do is for my behaviour to impinge on the club's success in any way."

Dalglish insisted he did not have a problem with Stoke's approach in the match at the Britannia Stadium, but admitted his frustration that Liverpool got nothing out of the game.

He also did not believe Jamie Carragher had fouled Jon Walters for the winning penalty.

"I think it is a bit of an understatement to say we deserved something from the game," added the Scot.

"We can only do what we can do ourselves, sometimes other things are taken outside your jurisdiction.

"If we continually get battered by things outside of our control we are not going to get much chance.

"We don't have any complaint about Stoke; they played hard and played well, they got the goal and defended courageously at times and maybe at times they got a bit of luck.

"But I just cannot see how [Stoke's winner] is a penalty kick."

Stoke boss Tony Pulis took a counter view to Dalglish, saying: "I think Kenny will be as biased [to Liverpool] as I am to Stoke.

"I respect his opinion and whether the decisions were (less than impartial) or not I don't know
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:33 pm

ref poor carra poor daglish poor starting ll Johnson should have started at right back.hurting at mo but next week lets get back on track.
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:57 am

He injured himself again
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next