IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Southampton

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Southampton        - Page 2 Empty Re: Southampton

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:36 pm

Can someone explain this set-up to me please:

..................................................................Jones...........................................................................................

Johnson..............................Agger...............................Skrtel.................................Enrique..................................

...............................................................................Allen...............................................................................

Downing..........................................Gerrard..............................................Coutinho.............................

...................................................Suarez.........................................................................................

..............................................Sturridge.........................................................................................

4 defenders 1 midfielder and 5 attackers..... Rafa used to get slated for having 2 holding midfielders at home ffs.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Suarez looked to be playing in Gerrards position with Downing/coutinho ahead of him at times and Gerrard alongside Allen.
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Did you see Rodriguez strolling through the center for the 3rd goal? Reminded me of the goal we conceded against Villa at home. I just dont think Allen got enough protection in that formation and was the scapegoat at ht. Either he is fit to play or he should be sent for the op and back for preseason, there is no inbetween. What has Henderson done wrong? Imo Skrtel cant adapt to this new style..... ill be honest im seething tonight and i shouldnt be because it was a meaningless fixture for s anyway....
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:36 am

Agree with all the above. Skrtel should be fucked out for that alone and I like the guy.
Lucas has to do better again closing him down.
I'll be honest, I like Lucas a lot and had some great games but he is no world beater, but I just don't think we have enough quality players for cm, over stocked yes, quality no. Two new CB and a cm who can attack and defend and a higher class of what we have.
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:53 am

What mark out of 10 would you give Glen Johnson since Xmas? Before Xmas bar Suarez he was our best player for me.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:04 am

Since Xmas, maybe 7. Before Xmas a 9. He had some poor games recently but still one of our better players.
For what its worth, for spurs first goal, I actually think Carra has to share the blame with Glen
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:10 am

Just after seeing Southamptons first now as I missed first ten mins
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:10 am

There was a game not so long ago cant recall atm but him and Enrique were brutal, couldnt even pass the ball. Post Xmas he has been a 4/10 for me and the reason for that imo is he has no competition. Id like to see McLaughlin get a few games before the end of the season and maybe a few others, Ibe is a kid with huge potential but was on the bench today.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:12 am

For our first, downing also needs to be fucking sturridge out of the way and putting his boot through it . More Times than not the ball will fall to defence, not an attacker
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2