IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat

+4
crouchy
Dallas
Barnes 10
misslfc
8 posters

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

General Chat - Page 22 Empty Re: General Chat

Post by misslfc Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:16 am

John W. Henry
‏@John_W_Henry
What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates?

Shocked Very Happy

Forcing a transfer req?
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:58 am

Dallas wrote:Oh he is a cock, but I just don't see that pic as a stackable offence myself.
I wonder who took the picture

Mr.Rodgers I hear...lol
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:36 pm

General Chat - Page 22 1069288_10201660143174448_2082571420_n

Razz 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Bellend but lets not kid ourselves, Half our fanbase were probably slating Suarez when they thought he was already gone and then cheering him on today.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Cheering him for what?

I wasn't slating him but he may be aswell off getting as far away from lfc as possible
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Dallas wrote:Cheering him for what?

I wasn't slating him but he may be aswell off getting as far away from lfc as possible

Hmmmmm now what would Liverpool fans be cheering Suarez for.....let me think about that one.....

London aint that far......
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:59 pm

What you talking about
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:04 pm

You asked why would they be cheering him today???? The reception he got everytime he was on the screen, warmed up and touched the ball when he came on today was unreal even if he looked less arsed than Torres did in his last 6 months. Then you say he should get as far away from here as possible............ the only team showing any interest is Arsenal.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Ah didn't know he played a part.
I want him to stay but as long as we spend money on hopefuls you can't blame him for wanting to aim higher
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:31 pm

So him wanting to talk to Arsenal is aiming higher? At least he will achieve his ambitions of playing in the CL but that will be as far as it goes its not like they will win it.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:37 pm

More chance of winning it than us though.
We are currently a mid table table and until quality players are added will remain so. Like it or not, arsenal are in a better standing and a bigger attraction with cl footy.

It would be criminal if we allow him to leave to head there and show just what our owners intentions are at the end of transfer window if this happens and what is done with the money
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Media saying Raheem arrested for assault last night

Liverpool FC starlet Raheem Sterling spent the night in the cells after being arrested and charged with assault.

The 18-year-old winger appeared at Liverpool magistrates' court this morning to face the charge.

Police said Sterling was arrested at around 10.30pm in Page Moss "following an incident".

He was subsequently charged with common assault and held in custody overnight.

Sterling was born in Jamaica but moved to London with his family when he was five and grew up on a council estate close to Wembley Stadium.

He was spotted by QPR and joined them as an 11-year-old.

In February 2010 he made the switch to Liverpool for £500,000 and made the breakthrough into regular first team action under Brendan Rodgers last season
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Liverpool won 3 - 1 against Newcastle today behind the closed doors. Sturridge (2) and Alberto were on the scoresheet.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Toure on Baloteli

"Balotelli was not a problem for me. You just had to know how to handle him and I knew how to get along with him. He kept asking me, ‘Why aren’t you playing, Kolo?’ I said, ‘Ask your father, Mancini’"

Razz
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 pm

The u21s had a good win against the Mancs tonight. Borini got 2 and Ibe got 1 in a 4-2 win
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 pm

I (half)watched a bit of second half
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:19 am

Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_ 56s
Willian edging towards #Spurs move. #LFC still hopeful but not looking good. Seems there was some truth in those Russian media reports.
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:59 pm

To mark the launch of the new Members area, Members can take advantage of an exclusive offer - priority booking for the new show 'YNWA - The Official History of Liverpool Football Club' as well as having the chance to win tickets to the opening night.

Created by Liverpool fan and successful writer Nicky Allt, the play takes the audience on a theatrical rollercoaster through more than 120 years of Anfield history, the highs and lows of following the Reds.

The show begins at the Royal Court Theatre in Liverpool, from Friday, March 7, 2014 until Saturday, March 29, 2014, with tickets priced from £13. It then moves to the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin from Wednesday, April 2, 2014 until Saturday, April 12, 2014, with prices starting from €17.50.

While tickets are scheduled to be released to the general public on Monday, October 21, members can enjoy advance access and secure their seat at the show from 9am on Monday, October 14.
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:12 pm

16 year old Harry Wilson an academy player at Liverpool became Wales's youngest ever player tonight against Belgium.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:14 pm

seen him at the last 2 milk cups and he could be a good one for future time will tell
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:44 pm

The jubilant grandfather of young football star Harry Wilson is set to bank £125,000 after betting the teenager would play for Wales – back when Harry was only 18 months old.

The 16-year-old Liverpool academy star made his international debut last night – scoring a big win for his grandfather the moment he came on as a substitute.

Peter Edwards, 62, walked into a William Hill betting shop in Wrexham in 2000 and bet £50 on the teenager one day playing for Wales, at odds of 2,500-1.

The teenager scored one for the record books himself during last night's World Cup qualifier against Belgium, becoming the youngest player to represent Wales.

But one life-changing moment instantly gave rise to another when Edwards decided he would retire with immediate effect on the proceeds of his win.

He made the decision in his caravan in Buckingham, where he was working, nervously watching the international clash on his iPad.

The electrical contractor of Corwen, Clwyd, North Wales, works away from home most of the year, spending one weekend a fortnight with wife Dorothy, 58.

"She is over the moon. I retired immediately. I told my manager yesterday that if Harry plays I wouldn't be coming back," he said.

"I've retired one year early. I have come home now and will not be going back. Not bad for a daft bet."

He said he put on the original bet on a whim after seeing how Harry liked playing with a football even as a toddler.

"He used to chase the ball around the front room on his hands and knees even before he could walk, that's what gave me the idea. But I hoped the bet would come up."

He said after Harry enrolled in the Liverpool FC academy his skills quickly developed and he returned to William Hill in the hope of placing a second bet.

"Harry was about 12 then. But they turned me down and said I already had a substantial bet with them. But they threw in England as a gesture of goodwill."

It meant even if the teenager had opted to play for England, something he could have done because his grandmother was born in Chester, the pay-out would have been safe.

Harry himself will also benefit from the win, which Edwards said will ensure regular lengthy journeys to and from Liverpool will be made easier.

He said that as a teenage player with the academy his earnings are still modest and travel costs can be high.

"This means I will be able to help Harry out. You can be quite sure that he will get a share of it," he said.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:03 am

Wow, well done!!
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 am

A chauffeur at Liverpool football club, who was responsible for driving players, managers, its owners and their families was constructively dismissed after blowing the whistle over allegations of ticket-touting by a club official, an employment tribunal heard.

Former police officer Dave Sloan occupied a position of “great trust” at the Premiership side but alleges he was side-lined and eventually forced out after raising concerns over illicit ticket sales, the hearing in Liverpool was told.

The lifelong fan, who was present at the Hillsborough disaster, said he grew suspicious after noticing the executive’s bank balance had increased by £40,000.

Mr Sloan, 50, worked for Liverpool for four years having been hired as the former managing director Christian Purslow’s personal driver. He said he would routinely chauffeur players including Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, as well as manager Brendan Rodgers, his wife and Liverpool owner John W Henry and family in the company’s luxury Audi A8.

The tribunal was told that Mr Sloan was part of a special team at the side’s executive HQ responsible for attending to the personal needs of players. Among his tasks were cleaning and filling up young footballers’ cars with fuel whilst others would help finding accommodation for new signings, arranging schools for their children and opening bank accounts.

Bur Mr Sloan alleges that his role was reduced after a change in the management structure and following his decision to blow the whistle on alleged ticket-touting he would often be left “twiddling his thumbs” at the Melwood training ground whilst private contractors ferried the club’s millionaire stars.

He was eventually told to stay at home and brought in only to carry out “menial tasks” such as hoovering and fixing a wall clock for one of the club’s refurbished training ground restaurant, he told the tribunal.

Under cross examination by Lydia Edgar, representing Liverpool FC, Mr Sloan said he had had a good relationship with the executive team. “Sometimes I would take them on social occasions when they had one too many and I would look after them,” he said.

But relations soured following an incident in which he was sent to travel to Ibiza to take a visa to £35m striker Andy Carroll to allow him to join the club’s US pre-season tour.

During the trip it was alleged he had become agitated and sworn three times in front of Carroll, upsetting him. During a disciplinary meeting with bosses in August 2012 he was told that when dealing with players he should “have the patience of a saint”, the tribunal was told.

He was also warned about smoking in front of the team bus. In addition Mr Sloan said he was accused by his line manager of being “overhelpful”. He said: “I was told I was being disruptive by going in and having conversations with people and being generally friendly and saying hello … it was distracting people,” he said.

Mr Sloan said he had been told not to talk to Carroll. “I did approach him and asked him and he knew nothing about the incident … he actually laughed about it,” he said.

In his witness statement Mr Sloan claimed to have been he told by a security contractor at Anfield that one of bosses, player liaison manager Ray Haughan had been involved in alleged ticket-touting – allegations he denies.

The driver said he was routinely asked to go to the cash machine by Mr Haughan, and on one occasion noticed that his balance had increased by “approximately £40,000”, Mrs Edgar said.

Mr Sloan said: “There were allegations and rumours. My concerns were something was going on. I didn’t know exactly what was going on but I had concerns over this issue.”

He added: “I thought if this is going on and fans outside haven’t got tickets and someone inside is making money, that’s not right.”

The chauffeur eventually shared his concerns with another executive – a meeting which began the official whistle-blowing procedure.

“Mr Haughan used to look after players’ money. We are talking about thousands of pounds of money. Players used to come in and put this on the table. He used to put this in the drawer, no book-keeping no accounts,” he added. Under questioning from Mrs Edgar, Mr Sloan said he did not believe the money was put into Mr Haughan’s bank account.

But after raising his concerns over ticket-touting, Mr Sloan said he became anxious and struggled to sleep claiming to colleagues that he was being “treated like a skivvie” by Mr Haughan, it was claimed.

The matter eventually came to a head at a Christmas party hosted by club manager Brendan Rodgers at the Hope Hotel in Liverpool for club staff. Mr Sloan denied being drunk at the event, claiming he had had a “few beers” but was in control. At the party he told a group of senior executives he believed Mr Haughan was “robbing the club blind,” the tribunal was told

Mrs Edgar read statements from witnesses including Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre who claimed he was confronted twice by Mr Sloan describing him as “going ballistic, gesticulating in his face and getting angrier and angrier.”

Mr Ayre said the chauffeur was complaining that he was not being shown enough respect, the tribunal heard. Mrs Edgar said the driver had to be physically restrained and removed from the premises after appearing to “lunge violently with his fists” – only to return later to continue his altercation with the club boss.

Asked whether he claiming there was “some sort of collusion” against him, Mr Sloan replied: “I am.”

He was suspended the following day. Liverpool FC denies any allegations of wrongdoing.

The tribunal continues.
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:09 am

Never a dull moment at LFC
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Just watching lfc tv and wondering how Baros never went on to be a bigger star for us
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next