IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Internationals

+3
Dallas
moejoe54
misslfc
7 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

All Internationals - Page 14 Empty Re: All Internationals

Post by misslfc Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:20 pm

STEPHEN Ireland would love a meeting with Martin O'Neill or Roy Keane over an international comeback for Ireland.

The 27 year-old Stoke star is hoping his prospects will benefit from their impending appointment as Ireland manager and assistant manager respectively.

Ireland, who has been in international exile since falling out with previous boss Giovanni Trapattoni, was once bought by O'Neill for Villa.

And a couple of years ago he was invited to Keane's home where, he says, they got on like a house on fire after meeting for the first and only time.

"Yes, Martin O'Neill signed me for Villa," said Ireland, "but that was at five and he had resigned by 12!

"It's just a shame that I didn't get to work with him.

"I've started four games and I want to make sure I start the next 10 or 15, but at the back of my mind is Ireland.

"So I would like to get together with Martin O'Neill or Roy Keane and have a chat.

"But Euro qualifying doesn't start until next September and so I have some time to think about that.

"And there is also a lot of younger players coming through who deserve a shot as well."

Ireland is certain that O'Neill and Keane could be a dream ticket for both the Republic's national team and Irish football in general.

"Yes, I think they will work," he said.

"They are two great men who are very determined and have achieved a lot for themselves in their own careers.

"Roy Keane is an absolute legend in football and Martin O'Neill has done well wherever he has gone.

"I think the FAI and football in Ireland is going in the right direction because there's a lot of good players."

Very Happy 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Uruguay just beat Jordan 5 nil and Luis didn't get one Rolling Eyes 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Absolutely zip interest tonight
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Eng team v Germany-Hart, Walker, Smalling, Jagielka, Cole, Lallana, Gerrard, Cleverley, Townsend, Rooney, Sturridge
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Why o why
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Sakho scored 1st goal for France and Benzema just made it 2-0 on the nite 2-2 agg.
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Ronaldo is unplayable atm
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 am

Missed everything. Sakho goal good?
Ireland any good?
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:17 am

Watched Portugal...... Sakhos goal was from a grand total of 1 yard out Laughing Laughing
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 am

Top corner ??Razz 
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Sad 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:56 am

Luis played the full 90 mins last night:shock: 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Joke
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri May 09, 2014 11:27 am

Martin O’Neill today (Friday) named a provisional 32 man squad for Ireland’s four friendly games in May/June, starting with the Three International friendly against Turkey on May 25, followed by Italy in Craven Cottage, London on May 31, Costa Rica in PPL Stadium, Philadelphia on June 6 and Portugal in Metlife Stadium, New Jersey on June 10. The squad will be shortened ahead of the squad meeting up on May 22.
David Forde, Darren Randolph, Rob Elliot, Richard Keogh, Marc Wilson, Seamus Coleman, John O’Shea, Alex Pearce, Stephen Kelly, Damien Delaney, Joey O’Brien, Shane Duffy, James McCarthy, Jeff Hendrick, Ciaran Clark, Stephen Ward, Glenn Whelan, Paul Green, Aiden McGeady, Anthony Pilkington, James McClean, Stephen Quinn, David Meyler, Wes Hoolahan, Robbie Keane, Shane Long, Daryl Murphy, Jon Walters, Kevin Doyle, Anthony Stokes, Simon Cox, Connor Sammon
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed May 21, 2014 1:46 pm

The prospect of Stephen Ireland ever returning to the Ireland squad looks more remote than ever after the Stoke City midfielder had his agent ring the FAI asking to defer a face-to-face meeting with manager Martin O’Neill until July rather than take or return the northerner’s calls directly.

O’Neill, who was in Waterford this afternoon to confirm a squad of 29 for the four upcoming international friendly internationals against Turkey, Italy, Costa Rica and Portugal, said that he had attempted to phone the 27-year-old on a couple of occasions but that it had simply rung out each time and that he heard nothing then until association officials had told him that the agent been in touch.

“I tried to get hold of Stephen a couple of times by phone,” he said. “I didn’t get through, that’s fine, okay, not a problem. Eventually his agent spoke to the FAI and then I spoke to the agent. It seemed to mirror what Mark Hughes was actually saying or had been saying in the papers although I hadn’t actually spoken to Mark Hughes, I don’t know whether he was a spokesman for Mark Hughes. But the truth is this: I’ve left it in a situation where I’ll not call. It’s really up to Stephen. If he wants to call me, fine.

“I assume that the games coming up here are obviously too soon for him, seemingly, I’m only surmising that. But if he wants to be involved he’ll have to call me and I’ll leave it at that.”
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14