IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spurs v Liverpool Sunday 18th Sept

+2
Barnes 10
Dallas
6 posters

Go down

Spurs v Liverpool Sunday 18th Sept  Empty Spurs v Liverpool Sunday 18th Sept

Post by Dallas Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Gerrard won't make it for this one. A small bit too early.

I fancy Kuyt for RM with the threat of Bale as Johnson out and might be a lot for Kelly if its his first game back .
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Spurs v Liverpool Sunday 18th Sept  Empty Re: Spurs v Liverpool Sunday 18th Sept

Post by Barnes 10 Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 am

Worried about this one tbh. We owe them a beating.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Spurs v Liverpool Sunday 18th Sept  Empty Re: Spurs v Liverpool Sunday 18th Sept

Post by misslfc Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:15 am

Gutted I will probably miss this. bar a few snippets on my phone Mad
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:47 am

looking forward to this game we owe this lot a hiding so Carroll lets be havin ya!!!!!!!
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:10 pm

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SClarke_182 Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Always nervous about this fixture, we've had such bad luck in the past (losing after dominating in 08/09, freak Ekotto wondergoal in 09/10, fucking Aaron Lennon last yr). I'll be pleased with a 1-1 draw. Kuyt to score a cracker.
SClarke_182
SClarke_182
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://twitter.com/#!/SClarke_182

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Tottenham v Liverpool line-ups
Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Kranjcar, Parker, Modric, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe. Subs: Cudicini, Pavlyuchenko, Van der Vaart, Giovani, Bassong, Corluka, Livermore.
Liverpool: Reina, Skrtel, Carragher, Agger, Jose Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Downing, Suarez, Carroll. Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kuyt, Spearing, Bellamy, Robinson.
Referee: Mike Jones (Cheshire)
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Skertl is a fucking joke
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

I wish death on Charlie Adam
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:11 pm

What's happening?
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:13 pm

4-0,2 OFF Jesus i hate playin Arry's Spurs.Kenny get it Sorted ASAP.
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Spearing should have started over Adam, adam is lazy and offers nowt off the ball.
Flanagan a natural Rb and a no nonsense defender should have started over Skrtel.
Bad decisions by Kenny in team selection BUT the team was dismall tbh
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Think Kenny got it wrong today with his team selection, Carroll offered nothing at all, as for Spearing starting ahead of Adam I cant agree with that whatsoever.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:25 pm

I can, Spearing=workhorse, will run himself into the ground all day.
Adam doesn't tackle and only plays hollywood balls, does very little otherwise.
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Spearing= shite mate, not LFC standard player, if he wasnt from the city he wouldnt be at the club
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Oh don't get me wrong I know Spearing is shite but that game cried out for a workhorse.
Even put Kuyt on and Henderson central but IMO Adam shouldn't have started
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Hindsight is wonderful but imo we should be playing games against these teams as a 4-5-1 away from home.
I dont care who or what Carragher thinks he is but he should have started RB today with Skrtel/Agger both cbs, Kuyt should have been in front of Carra for the extra cover and Suarez up top on his own with Henderson supporting. Parker and Modric destroyed our midfield today. They were totally up for it from the first whistle, pressed us high up the pitch and harried every ball they could, they seemed to want it more tbh. Deffo think Kenny got it wrong today, said it to my mate when the teams were announced.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 am

Im depressed, I really am Crying or Very sad

anyone know why Suarez was taken off?

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 am

It looked to me like kenny had accepted the defeat and there was no point in him being out there as he was getting frustrated.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Kenny Dalglish believes Liverpool's sluggish start was the overriding factor behind Sunday's 4-0 defeat at Tottenham.

The Reds conceded a stunning opener to Luka Modric after six minutes before losing Charlie Adam to a second yellow card just prior to the half hour mark.

Martin Skrtel also saw red in the second half as further goals from Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor (2) capped a miserable day for Dalglish and co.

Speaking at his post match press conference the Liverpool manager said: "We started the game short of the level we have been at recently.

"They started better than us and Modric scores a great goal to put them one in front. Then Daniel Agger gets injured in the process of trying to make the tackle, but it's a great finish.

"That was the start of our downfall. We started poorly and they began better than us, despite the other incidents which are best left unanswered. We can look at ourselves and the start we had in the game because that dictated what was going to happen to us.

"I think Tottenham started really well and played really well. It's best that we stick to what we can dictate the future of and that is playing football. We cannot legislate for results.

"We also want to be respectful to Tottenham who played particularly well."

Asked about his views on the incidents that saw Liverpool reduced to nine men inside 63 minutes, Dalglish said: "We are better just leaving it.

"It's best left unsaid because whatever happens then takes away from a great performance from Tottenham.

"We'll have a look at the video and if we've done something wrong then we can correct that.

"One thing that you didn't see was a mass of Liverpool players running around the referee to dispute a decision. That doesn't necessarily mean that they agree with the decision. Its' just that they have respect for the referee. If you have respect for the referee I don't see why there is (the suggestion of) a disciplinary problem.

"How you start the game dictates what you get from it.

"We'll find out if we did something differently or if they prepared differently. We'll sit down and talk about it on Tuesday."

The first-half dismissal of Adam was compounded by an injury to Agger that saw the centre back replaced by debutant Sebastian Coates.

However, Dalglish had no news on how long the Dane could be out for.

He said: "It's his rib cage. It happened when he slid in to make the challenge (on Modric) so I don't know what it is yet. We don't know, but it must be painful."

Dalglish made one change to the side that lost 1-0 at Stoke last week by drafting Andy Carroll in for Dirk Kuyt.

Quizzed as to why he had opted to make the switch, the boss said: "You can stick with the players you want. As I've said before, it's not just about a team .It's about a squad and that will be used throughout the season.

"When there is a victory no comments are made about the team but if it's a defeat then whatever players you use are wrong.

"With how we started the game we would still have lost, irrespective of what else happened."

Dalglish was also asked if he felt the result would affect many pundits' view that Liverpool would claim a top four berth this season.

"That still might be true. But it's not difficult to be upset when you have lost a game," he said.

"The boys are upset too and so they should be. If they weren't they wouldn't be here. The football club expects more than a 4-0 defeat when you come away from home.

"To be fair to them they take pride in the club themselves as well. So they'll be disappointed."

He added: "It will be a tight league. You can see that from the way it has started. It is tight for everybody.

"Everyone is capable of picking up points wherever they go."

Liverpool must now regroup in time for Wednesday's Carling Cup clash at Brighton.

The game has already been mooted as a contest that could see the return to action of skipper Steven Gerrard, but Dalglish refused to be drawn on when the No.8 will be back.

He said: "He's fine. We'll try to get over this before we start worrying about something else. I've said all along, he's done fantastically well to get where he is. We'll just monitor him and pick the right moment for him and us before we get him back.

"Its natural everyone wants to chase for Stevie, especially after you have lost 4-0. But we'll monitor it, take it how it goes and when both parties agree he'll play."
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:49 pm

It is not easy to lose like we lost. But we have to work hard to improve. I trust to my team partners, come on!...

From Suarez on twitter.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by SClarke_182 Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:58 pm

I like the way Kenny conducted himself there. He was right to acknowledge that Spurs played well and that even before we were down in numbers we were playing below our standard.

Hope Agger's rib isn't a fracture and just a bruise or something. And hopefully Gerrard is fit for next weekend.

SClarke_182
SClarke_182
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://twitter.com/#!/SClarke_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down