IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dalglish!!! our manager

+4
Barnes 10
Dallas
charmac
misslfc
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dalglish!!!   our manager - Page 4 Empty Re: Dalglish!!! our manager

Post by Barnes 10 Wed May 16, 2012 10:50 pm

What if Rafa/anyone else finishes 9th next season and no cup runs, do we sack them then also Bosco?
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Well FSG need to back whoever comes in and I mean money to spend. We won't get 4th or even 6th with the current squad imo.

An Overhaul is needed and Kenny wasn't the bloke for that. I have respect for Kenny and all he's done for the club but he's lost contact with the managerial side of the game. Time for somebody else, to come in, and they'll need time to rebuild the squad because it's a mess atm the players bought weren't good enough
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Yep, then bring Kenny back to 'steady the ship'.
In fairness, Roy got the chop because of play style,results along with fans dislike of him.
Kenny was asked to steady the ship, which he successfully done. Then he was given a contract to rebuild us and was not given a proper chance imo
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Been told Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers & Rafa aren't even on the new #LFC manager shortlist.

Hmmmmm, Maybe the AVB rumors are true
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed May 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Roy got the chop because we were flirting with the relegation zone playing shite football (that all Engerland fans have to look forward to) and most importantly imo there were empty seat all round Anfield, quite different from Kennys situation. I dont believe they made their decision at last nights meeting they made it weeks ago when Comolli went and kept Kenny in because of the FA cup.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed May 16, 2012 11:01 pm

Glad to hear the above not on the "short list" are not on the short list , (bar Rafa) flamin hell,
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Jurgen Klinsmann Very Happy
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed May 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Piss of with your klinsmann or I will kill you
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed May 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Barnes 10 wrote:Roy got the chop because we were flirting with the relegation zone playing shite football (that all Engerland fans have to look forward to) and most importantly imo there were empty seat all round Anfield, quite different from Kennys situation. I dont believe they made their decision at last nights meeting they made it weeks ago when Comolli went and kept Kenny in because of the FA cup.

Yep, thats my point. Completely different scenarios. Kenny done a great job clearing up a big mess, and now when he is starting his plan he gets fcuked out Evil or Very Mad

misslfc wrote:Glad to hear the above not on the "short list" are not on the short list , (bar Rafa) flamin hell,

Where is this shortlist from?
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 pm

misslfc wrote:Piss of with your klinsmann or I will kill you
He's the only man who can manage a team not only from a different country but a different continent!
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed May 16, 2012 11:11 pm

I know yiz have said yiz are numb and still in shock etc but am I the only one that seen this coming?
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 pm

I'm not numb or in shock tbh, Gutted for Kenny and all but seen this coming a mile off. Been reported for weeks, I think Kenny even knew it was coming.
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed May 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Where has it been reported for weeks? I asked Thomas last night and im not being smart put the 1st i seen of its been the start of this week.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed May 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Bosco wrote:
misslfc wrote:Piss of with your klinsmann or I will kill you
He's the only man who can manage a team not only from a different country but a different continent!

I'll put you in a different continent in a min

I thought that when the statement didn't come out yesterday that maybe just maybe things were ok, alas here we are
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Wed May 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Barnes 10 wrote:Where has it been reported for weeks? I asked Thomas last night and im not being smart put the 1st i seen of its been the start of this week.
FA Cup Final,Henry flew over for talks before the match and it all gathered pace from there, granted it was only rumors at that time but still was thinking it wouldn't be a huge shock to see it.

The real thing that has shocked me is the "sacking" I honestly thought it'd be done by "mutual consent"
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed May 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Aye, I thought the same, never thought he would be sacked, was hoping it would be "stepped down"
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed May 16, 2012 11:26 pm

From what I can gather he refused a position upstairs. Not being pedantic but FA cup final was the 5th???? Hardly weeks of speculation, thats besides the point anyway doesnt matter now he is gone was just wondering how i missed these "reports"
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed May 16, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm shocked, upset,hurt, disappointed, maybe possibly wrong in my opinion of what happened(time will tell), but I didnt think much of yesterday's meeting.
Yep Barnes did ask me yesterday, and it was from tabloids and stuff (maybe one or two every few weeks), but Barnes maybe had better sources yesterday as I honestly didn't read too much into anything
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Thu May 17, 2012 12:05 am

Just heard full statement on LFC tv there.
Could shed a tear.
The man is a gent, especially at the end of statement.
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Thu May 17, 2012 12:07 am

Terry McDermott @TerryMac777
I just want to say how gutted i am that LFC have sacked Kenny today. The man is LFC through and through and he would have got it right. Whoever is next has to be a big name proven top flight manager, the Liverpool job isnt a job for a novice. In the modern day game its business people making football decisions and not football people making football decisions Kenny stabilised the club last year when they were in free fall, people shouldnt forget that. I agree some of the signings havent been a success this year but players need time, i needed 2 years and i ended up doing ok didnt I??
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu May 17, 2012 12:09 am

Dignified, even at the end Sad

Well said Terry
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Thu May 17, 2012 12:21 am

This club has been tortured the last few years.
Sometimes you wonder is it worth it, but your heart always says yes.
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu May 17, 2012 11:39 am

From Kenny

KENNY DALGLISH today delivered a heartfelt message of thanks to Liverpool FC supporters as he started coming to terms with being sacked as Anfield manager.

The club legend and departed Reds boss, who was dismissed late yesterday by Boston based owners Fenway Sports Group, also called on Liverpool fans to stick by the owners who pulled the plug on his reign after just 16 months.

Dalglish, now on holiday abroad, told the ECHO late last night: “The response from the supporters on social media websites has been overwhelming and very, very humbling. Liverpool is still a great football club, still a club that should believe in whoever is going to come in after myself.

“Hopefully they will support that person as well as they have supported myself, which has been fantastic. The support the fans gave us was a huge influence in winning that (Carling Cup) trophy.

“To be perfectly honest, in most of the games this season the players have covered themselves with great credit. They have been a credit to themselves and to the football club.”

Added Dalglish, whose high profile signings included young stars like Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson: “You cannot underestimate the pressure that is on a boy who comes to play for Liverpool.

“But in the first year, what they have done has been a credit.

“There is now a great foundation to build on and to move forward with. The supporters, not just for myself but for everyone else, have always been fantastically supportive of the team – and that should not change.

“No one should underestimate the role the Liverpool fans play - or the appreciation the players have for the supporters.

“Taking aside the decision made about myself, for four players to be in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for Euro 2012, and for Jordan Henderson to be on standby as well, is a great credit to the players.

“It’s fantastic for the club and those players – and I hope they go on and represent everybody well.”

Added Dalglish: “The fans will always, always stick with Liverpool Football Club and support the players and the team and the person that is to be the next manager of the club. That’s the way these fans have been brought up and that’s the way it should continue.

“For me it’s obviously going to be different, not being involved in the way I have been as before. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want Liverpool to go on now and be really successful. And that’s the same for anyone who now comes in to the club.

“What Liverpool FC deserves and the supporters deserve is far more important than me.”

Regarding the American owners, under fire from some LFC fans over the controversial decision, he said: “I would hope nobody would prejudge things now. The owners have their own reasons for doing what they have done.

"They came in to help the club at a time when it wasn’t in a great condition. They have improved it, taken it forward and are doing the best they can.”
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu May 17, 2012 11:42 am

Sad

What a gent
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu May 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Luis Suarez ‏@luis16suarez
KENNY thank you very much for all your help and things I learned from you during 1 year and a half! A big hug and good luck!!
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next