IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Hansen

Go down

Alan Hansen Empty Alan Hansen

Post by misslfc Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Alan Hansen has landed himself in hot water after making a racial gaffe TWICE during last night’s Match of the Day.

The BBC pundit - who is paid an enormous £40,000 per show - caused controversy after describing black players as 'coloured' when discussing the current John Terry and Luis Suarez racism rows.
Fellow pundit Lee Dixon looked on in disdain as former Liverpool defender Hansen, 56, said: ‘I think there’s a lot of coloured players in all the major teams and there are lots of coloured players who are probably the best in the Premier League.

Alan Hansen came under-fire for his comments on Match of the Day which appeared to shock fellow pundit Lee Dixon.
‘If you look at 25 or 30 years ago it was probably in a bad way - not as bad as some of the other nations on the Continent - but certainly there is always, always room for improvement.’

The 56-year-old ex-Scotland international immediately came under-fire on social networking site Twitter after fans, footballers and celebrities lead a backlash against the former Liverpool defender for describing black players ‘coloured’.

Former Tottenham player Rohan Ricketts, now at Irish outfit Shamrock Rovers, was outraged and tweeted: ‘Is this Alan Hansen guy taking the f****** p***?? I’m not coloured??? He is part of the problem when using that word. We are BLACK Alan! Wtf [sic].’

He then added: ‘Alan Hansen is more coloured than a black person. But still we would not call him or another white man coloured.’

I don't believe this Shocked
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Alan Hansen Empty Re: Alan Hansen

Post by misslfc Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 pm

#MOTD's Alan Hansen—"I unreservedly apologise for any offence caused. This was never my intention and I deeply regret the use of the word"
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum