IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luis Suarez

+5
Bosco
crouchy
Barnes 10
Dallas
misslfc
9 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez - Page 19 Empty Re: Luis Suarez

Post by Dallas Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 am

Ye seen that. All good I imagine
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez - Page 19 Empty Fuckin brillaint news

Post by charmac Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:41 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/151639-luis-suarez-signs-new-contract-at-lfc

Luis Suarez signs new contract at LFC
20th Dec 2013 - Latest News

0 CommentsPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
Luis Suarez today committed his future to Liverpool Football Club by signing a new long-term contract with the club.

Most Recent News
Starlets deliver special gifts
It's an #LFCWORLD Christmas
Swansea date change
Get your Cardiff programme now
On demand: Fowler's Christmas
The 26-year-old Uruguayan insists he is 'proud' and 'delighted' at having put pen to paper on the new extended deal and is focused on helping the club achieve its ambitions of sustainable success both domestically and in Europe.

The Reds' No.7 also paid tribute to the supporters, citing the 'special relationship' he has with them as a key factor in reaffirming his commitment to Liverpool.

Suarez joined the club in January 2011 and is widely regarded as one of the most talented players in world football.
This season alone, Suarez has scored 17 goals in 11 Barclays Premier League starts.

"I am delighted to have agreed a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term," said Suarez.

"We have some great players and the team is growing and improving all the time. I believe I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies and playing at the very highest level with Liverpool.  My aim is to help get us there as quickly as possible.

"Without doubt the backing I have received from the Liverpool fans has influenced my decision. I am so proud to represent them and go out to do my best for them every time I pull on the shirt.

"We have a special relationship; they have love for me and in return I love them back. I will always do my best for them and hopefully we can achieve success together."

Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, said the news will give everyone a lift: "This is fantastic news for everyone associated with the club; the team, the owners and most importantly the supporters.

"Luis is a world-class talent and securing his services is crucial for what we are trying to achieve here.

"What's most important and most exciting is that, at just 26 years old, his best years are still ahead of him and we now know we'll be seeing him reach that potential in a Liverpool shirt."

Principal owner, John W Henry, believes it shows the progress being made on and off the field: "We are committed to working hard to keep our best players and this is an indication that we are moving in the right direction and moving at a pace that impresses one of the best players in world football.

"The club has made major strides forward in recent years and we are all committed to delivering the success our supporters want and deserve."

Liverpool chairman, Tom Werner, said: "This demonstrates our commitment, as an ownership group, to building a team that competes at the highest level both in the Barclays Premier League and in Europe.

"Our primary motive is to do what is best for Liverpool Football Club and today's news is another significant step forward on this journey."

Luis Suarez - Page 19 7564__0810__suarez263c

Last edited by charmac on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
charmac
charmac
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Get in. Unexpected.
How long
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Brilliant fucking news
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Great statement. Changes nothing though
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Dallas wrote:Great statement. Changes nothing though

Course it does mate. We have him tied to a longer contract and no doubt the buy-out clause is hugely increased than the £40mill he thought he had.

@sportingintel
Guardian story: Suarez deal to 2018, worth £170,000 a week wages this season (£8.84m / year), then £200k (£10.4m yr)
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:09 pm

I mean keeping him. This deal suits both parties. We get a better fee and he will get ay least 50% more than current wages and more than likely he can't move to another British team. Dont get me wrong, im made up but ill be surprised if he has more than two more full season with us
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:12 pm

The sounds coming out of the club this past few days have been promising. " We want to build a team round him" now they can hardly fill it with a team of yolks or he will be leaving over broken promises. Id be delighted if we have him for 2 more seasons after this one........enjoy him when he is here mate.....he is special and the best ive seen in a red shirt.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:37 pm

I agree with all the above. That is just the point im making. He is the best player I have ever seen play aswell and be very hard to top it. The signs are good indeed and potentially our best season for many a year.
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Only heard about this at 4pm, feckin delighted.
But at end of day what does it mean...
Agree with Red, his buyout will be massive. If someone meets this buyout what then?
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Im hearing its £105mill so good luck to them lol
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Haha savage
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by charmac Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:10 pm

I don't really care if there's a get out clause, this lad is a very special player and I've said that ever since he tore the Mancs a new one when waltzed around four of their defenders and slotted the ball goal ward, only for Dirk to run into it and spoil what would have been a wonder goal, the only way we'll lose him is if we don't get Champions league, and if we don't then we don't deserve him.

Gettin ready to party ?????

Luis Suarez - Page 19 600642_697605833604762_1020493920_n

Luis Suarez - Page 19 1504552_697578780274134_2101851023_n
charmac
charmac
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 pm

Rodgers seems delighted at the news Suarez has signed a new deal.

Luis Suarez - Page 19 Nw1vwg1
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:03 am

Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Luis Suarez has been named December's Premier League player of the month. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/10/luis-suarez-player-of-month-award-december

(Pelligrini gets Manager Razz )
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Good stuff. Moyes nominated for manager. Joke.
A manc mate said sher he won 3 games in December
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11979/9160425/selfless-suarez

Reputations die hard, but Adam Bate believes the perception of Luis Suarez as a selfish player is as unjust as they come. The statistic show that he is not only the Premier League top goalscorer but also the best creator of quality chances too...
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:03 pm

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Razz 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Luis Suarez has spoken of his hunger to secure a Champions League place for Liverpool - but says his Anfield future is not dependent on a top-four finish.

Suarez, who penned a long-term contract with Liverpool in December, is more settled than ever on Merseyside.

With 10 games of the Premier League season to go, the Uruguayan is aiming to keep the Reds in the thick of the championship race.

“I’d actually prefer not to win this Golden Boot and for Liverpool to qualify for the Champions League this season,” said Suarez, speaking in an interview in the April edition of FourFourTwo magazine. “Any player would miss the Champions League. We’ve not been good enough since I’ve been here to qualify, but this could definitely be our year.

“It would be a frustration not to get fourth because we’ve done everything possible and given our maximum to qualify.

“Everyone says Champions League nights at Anfield are amazing - memories you guard forever. It would be an unforgettable experience and it’s been too long since that happened. I think to finish in the top three, which is still possible, would be incredible with the players we have in the squad.”

Asked whether he would stay with the Reds even if they failed to finish in the top four, Suarez said: “I think so. I signed my new contract because I’m very happy here and I want to stay where I’m enjoying football and life. Playing in the Champions League isn’t dependent on that.”

Suarez feels he is hitting the best form of his Liverpool career, which began in 2011 when he left Ajax in a £22.8m deal.

“This is my best season yet,” said the forward, who netted his 24th goal of the campaign in Saturday’s 3-0 win at Southampton. “I feel in a very good place, physically and mentally. Every day, I feel better in this club. I hope to continue down this path because we want Champions League football for Liverpool and, personally speaking, I want to continue that mentality throughout the World Cup with Uruguay.

“I’m 27, at my peak, and I feel very happy within the club because I’m part of the best football in the world - the Premier League. I’m enjoying every game I play and my family life here, which is very important. I like winning. I hate losing - I’ve done enough of that. I’m one of the best players in the world, so having the opportunity to win everything - and losing only occasionally - is what drives me. I’m ambitious. I want to win and won’t stop until I score one, two or more goals.”

The striker has endured some controversial moments since signing for Liverpool. He served an eight-match ban after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra before being hit with a 10-game suspension last year for biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic on the shoulder.

“Last season ended very badly for me and it was entirely my fault,” he admitted. “I didn’t feel in a good place. It was very difficult because I knew I’d made a big mistake. I said I was sorry and I knew I was in the wrong.

“I accepted the punishment without any problems. Personally, I think 10 games was a lot, but I had to accept the punishment because of my actions.”

On the Evra incident, Suarez added: “I was accused of something without any evidence. I was suspended without evidence, too. I know I’m not, nor ever have been, a racist and I said nothing racist to him or any other footballer. Ask anybody I’ve ever played football with. My conscience is clear and will be for the rest of my life.”

He has been on a personal road to redemption this season.

The Uruguayan was filled with pride in December when, with Steven Gerrard injured and vice-skipper Daniel Agger on the bench, Brendan Rodgers made him captain for the home game against Cardiff City. Suarez responded by scoring two and setting up the other goal in a 3-1 win.

“It was weird - strange,” he told FourFourTwo. “I’d never imagined myself as Liverpool skipper. “After everything that had happened with me, to retain the support of the club, the coach and my team-mates showed me they were happy to forget and forgive.”

Suarez spoke in glowing terms about manager Brendan Rodgers, saying: “You can tell he studied in Holland and Spain. He wants us to play with the ball on the floor. He understands the atmosphere in which players thrive and talks to us on a regular basis about how he wants us to play. He always said his first year would be a building one and the second would be better, which it has been. I hope next season can be better still.”

Suarez was linked with moves to Arsenal, Chelsea and Real Madrid last summer but Reds club skipper Gerrard played a’ massive part’ in convincing him to stay.

“He didn’t talk about me, or through me, in the press, but in person,” said Suarez. “In those moments I forgot that he was ‘world football great Gerrard, a Liverpool legend, but as a humble person who spoke to me with all his heart for hours.

“He said I was the best forward he’d ever played with, which given the amazing strikers that he’s played with at Liverpool, was amazing for me to hear. I’ll never forget that
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:03 pm

He's back....on social media...I reckon he was banned  Razz 

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Luis Suarez has pledged his future to Liverpool, insisting "nothing is going to happen" regarding a transfer this summer.
The 27-year-old Uruguay international, who was strongly linked with a move away from Anfield last summer after the Reds missed out on the UEFA Champions League, has been in stunning form this season.
Liverpool are guaranteed a place in next season's premier European competition and they are within touching distance of a first-ever Premier League title, leading the division with two games to go.

And Suarez said: "Don't worry, nothing is going to happen to me. I'm very happy here and my family is happy here.
"If we could win the Premier League and bring the trophy home it would be incredible, a dream come true."
Liverpool are by no means assured of glory, however, with Manchester City needing only to win their remaining three games to clinch the league while Chelsea still have an outside chance having won at Anfield last Sunday.
Speaking to Uruguayan TV channel Canal 10, Suarez said: "I'm still upset (about losing to Chelsea). It was so frustrating.
"We couldn't find spaces, we made a mistake and it was hard to deal with.
"We knew the game was going to be hard and tight. We all got nervous and lost control.
"We are hoping Man City lose some points but in the Premier League you never know - anything is possible.
"Now we have to win the next two games and it is not going to be easy."
Suarez, who was voted PFA Player of the Year last Sunday, has scored 30 goals in 35 appearances in all competitions this season.
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next