IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steven Gerrard

+4
crouchy
Barnes 10
misslfc
Dallas
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Steven Gerrard Empty Steven Gerrard

Post by Dallas Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 am

The heartbeat of our club. Irreplaceable. Can't wait untill he is back and looks like he starting light training.

Steven Gerrard will return to light training with Liverpool this week as the club captain continues his recovery from the infection that ruined his start to the new Premier League season.

The Liverpool midfielder has not featured for Kenny Dalglish's team since March due to groin surgery and his scheduled return in August was postponed when he suffered an infection related to the operation. Gerrard was released from hospital almost a fortnight ago and has been granted permission to resume light training. "Stevie will be stepping up his recovery this week," Dalglish said.

Liverpool have not, however, revised Gerrard's comeback date of mid-September and the 31-year-old is expected to miss England's European Championship qualifiers against Bulgaria and Wales at the start of next month.

Martin Skrtel will also return to training at Melwood this week as he recovers from a calf injury suffered in pre-season, but the luckless Fábio Aurélio is facing another extended period on the sidelines having damaged his achilles tendon in training on Friday. Liverpool have yet to discover the full extent of the injury-prone defender's problem.

Aurélio's untimely absence forced Dalglish to hand an immediate Liverypool debut to José Enrique against Sunderland on Saturday, despite the Spanish left-back completing a £6m move from Newcastle United only 24 hours earlier.

José Enrique enjoyed an assured start to his Liverpool career and said Andy Carroll, his former Newcastle team-mate and now Anfield colleague, will justify his £35m price-tag now he has overcome the thigh and knee injuries that interrupted his debut season on Merseyside.

"Andy was brilliant for us at Newcastle and I am sure he will be the same for Liverpool," José Enrique said. "He is a very, very good player. When a club like Liverpool pays £35m for Andy, I know it is not by chance. It is because they think he is a good player.

"I watched him play last season and I knew he wasn't fit here. I don't care if the player is Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, if a player is not fit, then he cannot play properly. He is playing very well in his position and he is going to be an important player this season."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/15/steven-gerrard-return-to-training?mobile-redirect=false
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Steven Gerrard Empty Re: Steven Gerrard

Post by misslfc Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:13 am

I miss Stevie Neutral
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:40 pm

STEVEN GERRARD is closing in on a comeback for Liverpool and insists: “I feel fitter, stronger and hungrier than ever.”

The talismanic Reds skipper will return to full training next week and is hoping to make his long awaited return in the Premier League clash at Tottenham on September 18.

Gerrard is nearing the completion of a gruelling rehabilitation programme following career-saving groin surgery in April.

It’s been a long road back to fitness but the end is in sight and in an exclusive interview with the ECHO, the 31-year-old admits he’s desperate to spearhead Liverpool’s push for honours under Kenny Dalglish this season.

“I feel really good and I’m back kicking balls again – it’s all positive,” he said.

“I should be back in full training with the team on Thursday or Friday of next week.

“I won’t be involved against Stoke next Saturday but my plan is to hopefully be involved in the game against Tottenham.

“I need to get some full training with the team under my belt and I’llhave a better idea of my fitness condition when I play in a practice match which is being arranged.

"It will be Kenny’s decision when I come back in.

“At the moment it’s all good and I’m itching to get back.

"In fact it’s worse than itching, my stomach is turning.

“It’s been a tough five months for me since I had the surgery. It’s been up and down emotionally and I’ve missed playing so much.

“I’ve had a good rest, I’m fired up and I’m raring to go again. I know I’m going to come back fitter, stronger and hungrier than ever.”

Gerrard had been hampered by his groin since February and was having pain-killing injections to enable him to get through games.

A minor procedure in March failed to cure the problem and a month later the decision was taken to have major surgery.

His rehab hit a snag in July and he was diagnosed with an infection related to the operation.

A week of antibiotics in hospital followed but over the past month he has made rapid progress.

“I basically had career-saving surgery and it’s gone really well,” added Gerrard, whose last appearance for the Reds was against Manchester United on March 6.

“The operation was a big success. I had a small setback with the infection but finding out about that was actually a relief.

“I was at the stage where I was outside running again but getting some discomfort from around my pelvis.

“It was really frustrating because we couldn’t work out what the pain was. When blood tests revealed I had an infection it was fantastic news

“It was strange because I wasn’t ill and usually when you get these types of infections you are in bed sick. I must just be a weird human being because I was perfectly normal and well.

“Intravenous antibiotics into my veins cleared it up and I’ve been pain free for four weeks now.

“Since coming out of hospital my rehab has gone really well. I’m really happy and positive again. My groin is as strong as it’s ever been.

“Now it’s just a case of getting match fit and then hopefully my form will come back straight away.

“I’m excited about getting back out there.”
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Cant wait until he is back, hope all goes weel when he joins up with the 1st team.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by crouchy Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:49 pm

I have missed captain marvel !!! we do badly need him back now that Meireles has left. I think Gerrard will thrive alongside Suarez, that will be an orgasmic link up cheers
crouchy
crouchy
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Hey! Welcome to the forum Crouchy, dont be shy!!
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:50 pm

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:07 pm

Serious question...............

Do you think Gerrard could be our answer to the CB situation?
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Yes, and RB LB RW etc, you getting my drift.

Don't know really, he is clever enough but think he wants to be further up the field
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by south Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:50 am

Great to see him back even if it was only for a few minutes. Lets hope he gets back to full fitness and stays injury free. 6 months out he must be going off his head drunken
south
south
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:06 pm

Steven Gerrard will not be involved with England for the next.internationals.

No suprise but thank god
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Steven Gerrard believes silverware is just as important to Liverpool's season as a return to Champions League football.

The Reds skipper admits he would like nothing more than to compete in Europe's elite competition next year but insists it will not be the club's sole focus.

Gerrard told LFC Magazine: "Getting back in the top four is a priority, but I wouldn't say it's our only priority.

"Bringing those European nights back to Anfield is what we all want. Some of the best nights of my career have been in the Champions League and I want to experience a few more before I eventually hang up my boots.

"It's difficult to watch it on TV on a Tuesday or Wednesday night knowing we are not involved. Everyone here is striving to get back there and the sooner it happens the better.

"At the same time it's about trophies for me and I see the FA Cup and Carling Cup as also being very important. Because we are only involved in three competitions we have to focus on all of them.

"There is no European football so you can afford to focus more on the Carling cup. We haven't done well in any of the cups domestically since 2006. It's time we gave the fans a bit of excitement again. They deserve it and there would be nothing better than going to Wembley. That would be fantastic for everyone."

Gerrard also revealed how a surprise visit by the club's new owners helped to raise his spirits during his sixth-month absence with injury.

The midfielder has been hugely impressed by Fenway Sports Group since they took control of the club last October and feels Liverpool have made great strides in that time.

He added: "It's been a good 12 months on the pitch and off the pitch. They've stabilised the club and certainly put the money in. They've backed the manager and Damien Comolli. They've been very supportive of the team.

"I thought it was a brilliant touch for them to come and visit me in the hospital when I had my infection. I was very low at the time but they called me and made the effort to come and see me. That gave me a huge lift and I was very grateful to them for it."
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:47 pm

Anybody else extremely worried for our captain
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Time to put him down.....
Gutted for him tbh just got back!
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:29 pm

Bosco wrote:Time to put him down.....
Gutted for him tbh just got back!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosco Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:57 pm

That was tounge in cheek btw
Bosco
Bosco
On The Bench
On The Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Steven Gerrard has now undergone treatment to clear out all infection from his right ankle, which has been placed in a protective plaster cast.

The player will not be available for this weekend's game against Swansea City or for the upcoming England friendlies against Spain and Sweden.

Steven will now continue his rehabilitation programme under the guidance of the Club's medical staff.
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:40 pm

He will miss 2 games tops then and no disrespect one is at home to Swansea
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm hearing 7 weeks
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Congrats to our Captain

Steven Gerrard's wife Alex has given birth to the 3rd baby girl who has been named Lourdes Gerrard
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Could do with a boy sometime soon
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Dallas wrote:Could do with a boy sometime soon

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Why would that be Thomas.......
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Well, in 18 years we could reap the benefits
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 pm

and we couldn't do that with a girl

Female winner of Ballon d'Or? Laughing
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content