IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kolo Toure

4 posters

Go down

Kolo Toure Empty Kolo Toure

Post by Barnes 10 Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Welcome to Anfield

Liverpool Football Club can today announce they have agreed a deal in principal with Kolo Toure to join the club on July 1.

The powerful defender will be registered as a Reds player when his current deal with Manchester City expires.

Toure, 32, will arrive at Anfield boasting a wealth of experience having represented both City and Arsenal in the Barclays Premier League since switching to English football in 2002 and add depth to Brendan Rodgers' defensive ranks ahead of 2013-14.

The Ivory Coast international, signed by Arsene Wenger from homeland club ASEC Mimosas, made his Gunners debut in the 2002 Community Shield against Liverpool at the Millennium Stadium.

Originally deployed in midfield or at full-back, Toure was moved to centre-back for the 2003-04 season and helped Arsenal go the entire league season unbeaten as they swept to the title, adding to the FA Cup they'd lifted the previous season.

He added a second FA Cup medal in 2005, while a year later he was part of the Arsenal side that reached the Champions League final against Barcelona having scored the only goal of the two-legged semi-final with Villarreal.

After more than 200 appearances for the Londoners, Toure was firmly established as one of the finest centre-backs in the league - and Manchester City duly swooped to sign him in the summer of 2009 and immediately appointed him club captain.

During his four years at Eastlands, he lifted another Premier League title and FA Cup in over 100 appearances for City.

On the international stage, Toure has represented the Ivory Coast at two African Cup of Nations tournaments and two World Cup finals. He has more than a century of caps for his country, for whom he has also worn the skipper's armband.

He'll become the first Ivorian to play for Liverpool when he joins the club.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Kolo Toure Empty Re: Kolo Toure

Post by Dallas Tue May 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Could do worse imo
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Tue May 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Suspect No pale No Suspect
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Tue May 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Who would you like to see as an experienced 4th or even fifth choice Joe?
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by moejoe54 Tue May 28, 2013 8:52 pm

at mo are cb choices are agger skrtel wisdom kelly sama.
my choice for cb would be either a german cb or if we went for british type cb Shawcross or Williams.
moejoe54
moejoe54
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Tue May 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Shawcross or Williams as first choice or fourth/fifth?
And a German..........be a bit more specific.
Also note that Kelly and wisdom have yet to play for the first team at cb.
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Tue May 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Shawcross is a yarddog he is shite a worse Martin Skrtel, Williams is overpriced for his age. What everyone is forgetting is Toure also played at fullback and will be cover for there too he is very adaptable which Rodgers likes. Getting someone with his experience for free and less than half the price of Carra is great business.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Tue May 28, 2013 10:30 pm

I agree with everything Barnes, and was just wondering what rank Joe seen either come in for.
Each will cost a minimum 6m+ and would be no better than an underperforming Skrtel.
Toure is probably better that both even if he is a lot older.
The experience will be well needed
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:26 pm

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:44 am

Kolo Toure is eager to repay Liverpool fans for the warm welcome they have granted him since he arrived on Merseyside - by guiding the Reds to success this season.

The Ivorian made his debut at Anfield last week during the Reds' thrilling 1-0 victory over Stoke and was a commanding presence during the win over Aston Villa on Saturday - scooping the official LFC Man of the Match in our @LFC Twitter poll.

He announced himself to the Kop with a towering header to beat Peter Crouch after minutes of play in the season opener, and he was the first to celebrate with 'keeper Simon Mignolet following the Belgian's last-gasp heroics.

Toure admits he was bowled over by the reception he received from the home crowd during the game - and the support from travelling Kopites since.

"I have been made to feel so welcome here," Toure said. "To hear the Kop signing my name already was so nice. It showed that these fans know about football.

"They know about players who want to give 100 per cent and fight for their club every time they play.

"This is a top club, one of the best in the world, and these fans are top fans, they know quality when they see it. I want to do well for them and make this a season to remember."

Toure's experience in the game was one of the key reasons behind Brendan Rodgers' decision to bring him to Liverpool after Jamie Carragher retired in May this year.

The centre-back has won league titles at both Arsenal and Manchester City - but he's still committed to improving his game, even at the age of 32.

"I've been in this league for nearly 11 years and for me nothing changes," he said.

"The only way to improve is to work hard and be professional. I've always given 100 per cent throughout my career and I'm always looking for ways to improve.

"City is gone, it's finished. The future is the most important thing and I'm focused on what I'm doing for Liverpool.

"They have given me a great chance to come here and play fantastic football with one of the best managers. I will enjoy every second of my time here and try to help the team."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest- ... t-football
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:42 pm

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:27 pm

This is brilliant

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:03 am

cheers 
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:23 am

About time Razz 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 am

Apparently after his mother gave birth to him he drove her home from the hospital..lol! 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:24 am

misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:59 pm

lol! 
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Really enjoyed the yaya kolo chant in magaluf. Was crazy.
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum