IrishAnfield
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sebastián Coates

+4
misslfc
Dallas
Serpheus
Barnes 10
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sebastián Coates - Page 2 Empty Re: Sebastián Coates

Post by crouchy Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Coates will be class for us. He was great in the Copa. We have been tracking him for quite a while. I think he will be eased in this season and be primed for nest season
crouchy
crouchy
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Kenny Dalglish has spoken of his delight at how quickly Sebastian Coates has settled into life on Merseyside - and is tipping the Uruguay star to enjoy a long career at Anfield.

The big defender has had limited opportunities for Liverpool so far this season but produced an impressive goalscoring display in the reserves' 5-1 win over Sunderland on Tuesday afternoon.

Dalglish told reporters: "He got his first goal which is great for him and great for us. Jay Spearing also played in the game and got two, so it was a good day for us where the kids won 5-1.

"We are delighted with the way Seb's progressing. It's difficult to get him in the team at the moment because Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger are playing so well. Carra is back from injury too, but you can see he is getting better all of the time.

"I think he's settled in really quickly. He did really well at Stoke. You aren't going to get a sterner test and a bigger change in culture than going to Stoke and competing against them with their style of play.

"It was a great test for Seb because they played well that night and he came through that very well. We just look forward to a long career for him from here."

Dalglish was also keen to pay tribute to the contribution of Charlie Adam after what was arguably his best performance in a Liverpool shirt so far at Chelsea last weekend.

"He's only endorsed what we thought when he arrived," he said.

"Charlie played very well but there's nothing he's doing that has surprised us.

"He covered a fair bit of ground. He won the ball back on many occasions during the game, but that one for the first goal was highlighted more because it resulted in us scoring.

"His pass for the second goal was sublime as well.

"He was someone we wanted to get in January but it didn't happen. We were patient and got a discount on him in the summer. I don't think it's been a bad bit of business. I don't think he will rest on his laurels either. He wants to push onwards and upwards and so do we."

Another player to impress during the 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge was Craig Bellamy.

The Welsh striker could come up against former club Manchester City on Sunday and Dalglish was quick to refute suggestions he may have something to prove.

"Craig Bellamy is a fantastic professional footballer as we said after the game on Sunday," he said.

"He knows his profession. He knows how to get himself prepared for a game. He's been a huge plus for us since he came in. What happened elsewhere for Craig at other times in his career, doesn't really concern me. We've been absolutely delighted with the way he has gone about his work on and off the pitch since he came here."

The boss was also asked for his thoughts on the potential implementation of goal-line technology.

He added: "Anything that can help get the proper decisions made will be very well received. I'm sure that comes under that category. It may not be used that often but when it would be used it would be very important."
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

https://irishanfield.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates looks set to secure a six-month loan deal with Nacional in his native Uruguay to complete his recovery from injury.

The 23-year-old defender has been on the sidelines since August with an anterior cruciate ligament injury, but still retains hopes of being fit for the World Cup in Brazil.

And to aid his recovery, reports in Uruguay suggest he will move to Nacional to speed up his recuperation, a fact Coates himself admits is appealing.

"It would be beautiful to join Nacional and complete my recovery in Uruguay with my family and friends," the centre-back told Radio El Espectador 810.

"The negotiations can be hard sometimes, and we have to wait a bit."

Liverpool will reportedly pay all of Coates' wages if he is loaned to Nacional, and the Montevideo outfit will not have to contribute anything to get him on loan.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:13 pm

I hope it does him good, I'd like to see him back
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallas Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 am

Thoght he was out for season
Dallas
Dallas
TOP DOG!!

Location : Athlone...Middle of nowhere..Centre v Everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Delighted for him

Sebastian Coates made his comeback after eight months out with a brief cameo for Nacional against Gremio in the Copa Libertadores this week.

The Liverpool centre-back, who ruptured his cruciate ligament playing for Uruguay against Japan last August, is spending the rest of this season on loan at his former club.

“Very happy to play again,” he tweeted.

“Many thanks to all who have helped me in my recovery.”

Coates’ return to competitive action is a major boost to his hopes of making the Uruguay squad for the World Cup finals in Brazil.

The 23-year-old, who has only made 24 appearances for the Reds since he was signed three years ago, is expected to leave Liverpool permanently this summer.
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnes 10 Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:06 pm

Its sad but i had actually forgot about him.
Barnes 10
Barnes 10
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by misslfc Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:18 pm

*slap
misslfc
misslfc
Fab at 40!!!!!!

Back to top Go down